This article is a shopping list for single ladies camping at Black Rock City Nevada for burning man this year. You can scroll down to the list with links to purchase my recommended items but I suggest you read a little more first to see if it’s the right list for you. My first burn was Green Man in 2007, and besides experience, you should consider this shopping list best if you fit the following criteria for camping values:
- For whatever reason, you are camping alone in a tent.
- You would prefer to set up said tent/camp solo, or at least be able to if you need to.
- You plan to spend as little time as possible in your tent, you are a social butterfly in the wind.
- You would rather sleep in the dirt eating power bars for a day or two than pack a cooler with ice every day.
- You plan to camp with a larger collaborative group of people. Seriously, it’s much more fun in a theme camp.
It’s important to realize that at burning man, like other festivals, you will probably need to transport all your camping gear by foot. Because of the distance, the first two items on my list are a bike and bike trailer. The capacity of the container determines what you can bring to your camp. In effect, it’s like the size of a backpacking trip. You also can’t escape the daily trips for ice and other necessities, so a trailer bike makes the experience more relaxing. Next, are the other camping essentials, bedding, lighting, food prep, and bathroom. In the black rock desert, there are a few specialty items that you need to bring too, and they are the dust masks and goggles.
Please be sure to read the survival guide for all the items and more specific calculation on the water to bring etc. if you are going. Hope to see you out there!! Click what you are interested in from the shopping list below for details on the products and links to buy on Amazon.
Photo from Single Ladies Camping Shopping